7.13.2008

Excuse me, what?

Saturday:

I was taught as a child not to talk to strangers and generally as an adult still stick to that rule, unless my spidey senses deem said stranger okay to talk to.  And sometimes I'm just an ass and like to completely ignore people because I don't want to participate in any type of interaction with them.  This happens quite often on the bus.

While waiting for the bus:

Woman (standing 20 feet away): Do you got any smokes?
Me: *shakes head no*
Woman (10 minutes later as she's walking up): Do you got any smokes?
Me: No, I don't smoke.
Woman: Have you been waiting long?
Me: Yes. 
Woman: You got a cell phone?
Me: No. *tells self not for you* (I generally tell myself, "not for you" in my head so I'm not completely lying.)
Woman (as she walks away): Mmmmmh, you smell good.
Me: *confuzzled look on my face*

She must've had an ultra sensitive sense of smell because she never really got that close to me and the lotion I currently wear isn't particularly strong either.  She later flagged down what seemed to be a stranger and asked him for a smoke and then climbed right into his truck with him.

Yeah, I don't know.

No comments: