9.07.2008

I'm ranting again...

First the bus...


  • There is an older gentleman who gets on the bus from time to time with 50-eleven bags of varying degrees (child size girly backpacks, duffles, plastic shopping bags, etc.). I can only assume he's homeless (but can't figure out how he has a bus pass). He ALWAYS smells like syrup and urine. It ALWAYS makes me ill. I really wish they'd make some sort of rule where if you smell so putrid they won't let you on the bus, just like they some bus drivers won't pick of people who appear as if they've been drinking too much.
  • It drives me nutty when people talk on their cell phones loudly whilst riding the bus. I don't care who's in jail, who just got paid, who you're sleeping with or where the party's at. Keep your voice down.
  • Also, don't ask to use my cell phone. And quit bitching and wishing me ill will because I won't let you use my cell phone. It's not MY fault YOU'RE running late, you forgot to call so-and-so, etc. Can't you see I'm texting someone.

And now I just feel like ranting...(non bus related)...

The owners of my apartment building SUCK. When I moved in I was told they still needed to fix the shower but were doing so as I was signing the lease. LIE!!! When I moved in there was no shower knob, but being the smart girl that I am I dug out my pliers and attempted to turn on the water that way. No water. WTF? Then I realized I had to turn on the actual water supply...which was located in my bedroom. So here's how I have to bathe:

  1. disrobe
  2. reach into wall panel in bedroom and turn on warm and cold water
  3. run to the bathroom and try to adjust water flow
  4. turn on shower
  5. shower
  6. turn of shower
  7. dry off as quickly as possible
  8. run to bedroom and shut off water

This is ridiculous. I informed maintenance and the leasing office of this situation two weeks ago. They attempted to fix the tub faucet knob and then informed me that the shower needed to be replaced (you mean you didn't know this BEFORE you let me move in?). The knob promptly fell off in my hand when I attempted to use it. I was told over a week ago they'd be in to replace the shower and that day has come and gone and nothing has been done. Only to find out LAST Friday they couldn't enter my apartment because the only key available was the key I had and well I have to work in order to pay rent so I was at work when they tried to enter. The key problem has now been fixed (they changed the dead bolt leaving a small hole in part of my door). But still no one has been back to fix the shower after several calls to the office. And for the past week+ the faucet doesn't shut off completely via the water supply. At first it just drip, drip, dripped...now it constantly RUNS and gallons of HOT water are being wasted daily. This from a community that claims to be GREEN...right...wasting all that hot water. I'm not even sure what I can do at this point because complaining and informing the leasing office of this maintenance problem doesn't do anything. They just tell me over and over that someone will come in and look at it and when I arrive home from work no one has been in my apartment to come look at it. I don't even care at this point about the other maintenance problems that need to be fixed. I just want the shower fixed so that the water is not constantly running and that I can take a regular shower and can sleep at night with peace and quiet as opposed to the sound of running water.

I also believe that the frustration I feel due to this problem is leaking into other aspects of my life and causing me to be more "mean" and violent than usual. Just ask my coworker who I punched squarely in the chest...for no reason.

Also wanted to add:

  • Pregnant women should not be out at: Coaches, FrontPage and anywhere else where there are large amounts of cigarette smoke and where you must be 21 and over to enter. If you wanna hang out at Urban Element...that's fine, it's a family place. But anywhere else is TOO MUCH. Take your pregnant ass home and get some rest. Yeah, you know who I'm talking about.
  • FrontPage also needs to hurry up and reopen. I miss book club.

No comments: